These cookies are my standard go-to cookie as they take less than 15 minutes to make, bake and start eating!
1) Preheat oven to 350F/180C.
2) In a bowl, add:
1 cup nut butter
1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
1 flax egg or egg
1/2 tsp baking soda
3) Mix ingredients together until combined.
4) If you wish, you can mix in vanilla, chocolate chips, salt, or whichever additional items you would like to add into your cookies. I typically put 2-3 handfuls of chocolate chips and 1 tsp vanilla.
5) On a parchment lined baking tray, spoon the mixture into cookie sizes and lightly press down. The cookies won’t spread out when baking so they can be placed closely together. These cookies won’t turn out to be a standard round and flat cookie, but will be more chunky.
6) Bake for 7-10 minutes until the tops of the cookies have gone slightly firm and the bottoms are golden.
7) If you can wait, let them sit for a few minutes to help them harden.
8) Store in an air tight container.
Want to read more?