WOW – just wow! These treats take a maximum of 10 minutes to make (not including the time for the chocolate to set in the fridge) and are vegan and gluten free. They are crunchy, salty, sweet and absolutely scrumptious! I’m going to sound terribly British here, but they go perfectly with an afternoon cup of tea!
2 bananas (to make 8 bars, with each bar having 2-3 bites)
Approx. 4 tbsp nut butter (I use unsalted peanut butter)
Approx. 2.5 tbsp salted nuts of your choice (I use salted peanuts)
Approx. 150g chocolate (use more if you wish)
1 tbsp coconut oil (optional)
1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Slice the bananas into quarters (slice long ways, then cut in half) so each banana is in 4 pieces.
- On the flat edges of the banana pieces, spread a good chunk of nut butter.
- On top of the nut butter, add the roughly chopped nuts, pressing them firmly into the nut butter.
- In a pan or microwave, melt the chocolate, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Once the chocolate is melted, it’s time to cover the banana pieces. You can spear them with a fork and dip in the chocolate, or use a fish slice/spatula to lay them in the chocolate, and then use a spoon to drizzle the chocolate on top (I prefer the latter method). Make sure the whole piece is completely covered in chocolate.
- Place the chocolate covered bars on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and put in the fridge to set.
- Once the chocolate has hardened, transfer the bars to a sealed container and keep them in the fridge.
- If the bananas are completely covered in chocolate, they will last in the fridge for 2-3 days.
HELLO, I’m Gillian, a running and nutrition coach based in Toronto, Canada. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this post, it really means a lot to me. If you are interested, I have MORE:
Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.