Now I don’t want to be all boasty and blowing my own trumpet here, but holy smokes these are damn good. I’ve not had a bounty chocolate bar in years, but these coconut chocolate bites are way better – in my opinion! And as with all the treats I make, they are vegan, gluten free, and ridiculously simple to make.
1) In a bowl, add:
1 cup ground almonds (I kept them quite coarse to give the bars a bit of bite)
2 cups shredded coconut
3/4 cup melted coconut oil
3 tbsp maple syrup (or less/more depending on how sweet you want it)
1 tsp of vanilla
2) Mix ingredients together until combined.
3) Pour into a parchment paper-lined tin, and press down firmly.
4) If you’d rather have them as coconut bites with no chocolate topping, then put the tin in the fridge until the mixture has hardened. Cut into bite-sized pieces and store in an air tight container in the fridge.
5) If you would like a chocolate topping, then put the coconut base into the fridge until it starts to set. During which time, melt chocolate (however much you want depending on how thick you would like the chocolate topping to be) and pour over the coconut base, using a knife or the back of a spoon to distribute evenly. Put the tin in the fridge until hardened, then cut into pieces and store in an air tight container in the fridge.
Want to read more?
- Check out my other movement, nourishment and wellness blog posts.
- Join my VIP mailing list focusing on movement, nourishment and wellness, by signing up here.
- Follow me on Instagram or Facebook.